HOST A DRIVE
A great way to help our organization is to host a drive to collect needed items for our families. Some items that are needed on a regular basis are the following:
- Healthy snack foods
- Laundry detergent
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Gift cards for children's clothing
Fundraisers are the major source of income for Angels' Arms since we do not receive any state or federal funding. We invite businesses and groups to host a fundraiser for our organization, with the proceeds benefitting Angels' Arms. Examples include:
- Benefit concert
- Golf tournament
- Jeans day at work
- Garage sale
- Jewelry or Candle Party
- Bake sale
ONE-ON-ONE opportunities for groups and individuals
Read below for some examples that may be of interest to your company, school, or group.
- Sponsor a child's birthday by becoming a Party Pal. Call 314.771.5868 to be assigned to an Angels' Arms child and plan something special for his or her birthday. Be as creative as you'd like, just make sure to provide enough treats for all of the kids. Once assigned to a child, you will receive guidelines in the mail with the rest of the details.
- Host an Activity Day for an Angels' Arms family. This consists of planning & organizing a fun-filled day that may include bowling, ice skating, a day at the park, or movies & popcorn.
- Form a work group with you Scouts, school, & church groups and assist with seasonal cleaning, gardening, and yard work for our nine homes.
- Are you handy around the house? For those with experience in painting, plumbing, maintenance & landscaping, your help is very much needed and appreciated for the up-keep of the homes.
- Make a Meal for any one of our 10 families.
If your company, school, or group is interested in taking on one of the above as a community service project, please contact the Angels’ Arms office – 314.771.5868 or email@example.com.